Support Services for Children and Families

full bike rack

Is your child's development on track?

To find out more about community services that help children and families see the resources linked on this page.

Children with special or social needs

Parents and guardians of children with special or social needs may be eligible for fee subsidies for children under 13 years of age. Subsidy Case Managers will review both the needs of the parent and the needs of the child when determining whether funding for full-day or part-day child care is appropriate. For children with a special or social need, the amount of subsidized child care provided will be based primarily on what is in the child's best interest.

This form must be completed by a community professional who has involvement with the family.

Special/Social Needs Referral Form

211 is a free, confidential telephone help line and website that connects people to social, health-related, community-based and government services in the Peterborough region and across the province.

211 helps people find services quickly and easily, and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 150 languages.