Low-Flow Toilet Replacement Rebate

Waste Water Treatment Plant

The City of Peterborough offers a rebate to assist residents with purchasing low-flow toilets to replace existing, less-efficient toilets as a way to reduce water use.

Toilets make up almost 30% of residential indoor water use. We offer a $50 rebate for residents living in the City who replace their existing toilet with a WaterSense certified toilet.

To complete the application form, you will need:

  • Name and manufacturer of toilet you just purchased
  • Electronic copy of the receipt or bill of sale
  • Fill out the direct deposit form to go along with the application.

You can apply online using our interactive application form.

The rebate is only available for replacing toilets in residential units in the City that are connected to both the municipal water and sanitary sewer system. You can apply for up to two rebates per residential unit. Owners of multi-unit residential properties or apartments should register with the City to determine eligibility before replacing toilets.

Rebate criteria

  • Program available to household units located within the City of Peterborough.
  • Residential unit must be connected to both the municipal water and municipal sewer system.
  • Rebate of $50 per replacement WaterSense low-flow toilet.
  • Limit of two rebates per residential address or unit.
  • Applicant must provide the original sales receipt with the completed rebate application form.
  • The toilet must be installed to claim the rebate.
  • Toilets installed with new construction or renovations that require a plumbing permit are not eligible. Toilets must be replacement toilets.
  • The City of Peterborough reserves the right to arrange an inspection of your newly installed toilet.
  • Rebates will be available on a first come, first served basis until the budget allotment has been exhausted or the program ends. Submission of an application does not guarantee a rebate.
  • The program does not apply to new construction, or new bathroom additions; it must be a replacement toilet.
  • The resident must fill out the direct deposit vendor form at the end of the application.