City Hall Seniors Living Internal Business Visiting Online Services Business Crossing Guards Living Living City Hall PACAC Geomatics/Mapping Mayor's Action
Emergency & Risk Management Accessibility Transit Search Wellness Centre FAQ Sitemap Contact Us Living Living News Living Election Wall of Honour Business
City living image
Reduce Text Size Reset Text Size Increase Text Size


My property was damaged by a City tree, what do I do next?

Contact the Public Works Division at 705-745-1386 to report the damage.

Will the City pay for my damages?

Each claim will be examined individually. You will need to demonstrate that the City was negligent in some way. A branch falling from a City tree during a windstorm or weather event does not necessarily mean the City was negligent. If you choose to make a property damage claim, follow the procedure outlined in the Making a Claim section of this site.