The Centre offers a child minding service for children between six weeks and 10 years old while you use the Centre. Your child will be able to play with other children of various ages, play with our toys, make a craft, or read a story.
We encourage cooperative play for all our participants and have developed the following policy to ensure all children have a safe and enjoyable experience while using the child minding service.
- The service is first-come, first-served and has a capacity limit. Child minding is included in one-year child and family memberships with a nominal fee for other membership types and non-members. Fees are charged per child and are subject to change. There is a maximum two hour stay per child per visit.
- Children must be signed in at each visit and proof of membership or payment shown. Children will only be released to authorized parents or guardians.
- Parents may not leave the Centre while their child is in the care of the service, and will be given a pager and notified if their child requires assistance with toileting, feeding, bottles, diaper changes, or comfort.
- Children may bring nut-free snacks and drinks for their visit. Please label items and provide clear instructions to caregivers.
- Children must wear indoor footwear at all times.
- We encourage positive visits - negative behaviour will be discussed with both the child and the parent or guardian. Please note that persistent negative behaviour will not tolerated.
One-year Memberships: Family / One-adult Family / Child / Youth
Free (with proof of membership)
$4.50 per hour (new rate of $5.00 per hour effective January 1, 2016)
$6.00 per hour (new rate of $7.00 per hour effective January 1, 2016)
Child Minding is unavailable when the Centre is operating on holiday hours. Service hours and fees are subject to change.
Monday / Wednesday / Friday
8:45 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Monday to Thursday
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm