Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre Day Camps are proud to be part of the HIGH FIVE initiative.
The Youth & Program Staff that provide the programming, supervision and implementation of our summer day camp programs have the following certifications, skills and characteristics:
- Standard First Aid & Level C CPR Certification
- WHMIS Training
- Customer Service Excellence Training
- HIGH FIVE, Principles of Healthy Child Development Certification
- Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre Day Camp Pre-Season Training Module
- Criminal Record Screening and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Accessible Customer Service Training
- Bill 168 Legislation Training
- Proven experience and interest working with children and youth in a recreation or sport program, organization or agency.
Our staff utilize fun camp 'nicknames' over the course of their time with the program each summer and the children will get to know their leaders quickly and easily with this great name system.
Camp staff are identifiable in their purple t-shirts and nametags and are more than willing to disscuss your child's day with you or share information at any time. Ask Us!
Student Leaders in Training
The Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre welcomes numerous student Leaders In Training into the camp programs over the course of the summer during their second week of their own session. Their roles support the camp staff in many ways. LITs are placed on a performance evaluation system after learning skills, techniques and more during their first week of session. We love LITs! Come out and play with us.