The Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre opened in June 2005. The Centre has programs, services, and special events for individuals of all ages and abilities.
The Centre includes:
- Fitness centre
- Aerobic studio
- 3 gymnasiums
- Strength and cardio equipment
- Leisure and therapeutic pools
- Meeting rooms
- Swimming lessons
- Fitness classes
- Aqua fitness classes
- Children's recreational programs
- PA day camps
- Child-minding (included in all family memberships)
- Special events
- Older adult programs
- Sport and recreation programs for all ages
- Workshops (wellness, fitness, healthy living, and nutrition)
- Leadership certifications and classes
- Volunteer opportunities
- Birthday parties (gym time, pool time, and party room)
- Facility room rentals
The Aquatic Centre boasts two pools, the leisure pool and the therapy pool. The leisure pool is 20 metres in length and has three lanes. The therapy pool is a shallow pool with a wheelchair ramp and a swirl pool.
- Indoor 100 metre walking track
- State of the art cardio equipment from Star Trac and Cybex
- Pin loaded strength conditioning equipment from Nautilus
- Free weight section, Plate loaded racks and a Smith Machine
- Aerobic studio that offers a variety of group fitness classes for all levels, when the studio is available members can utilize the space for their own workout.
- A stretching area
The Centre offers a child minding service to children between the ages of six weeks and ten years, on a first come, first served basis during our service hours of operation. The service is not a licenced day care; it is a babysitting service with a maximum two hour stay per visit. As part of our health and safety policy and due to supervision ratios, bottle feeding, toileting, and diapering of untrained children is the responsibility of the parent or guardian and will be approached to assist your child(ren) to feed, use the washroom and perform diapering as needed.
Multi Purpose Rooms
The Peterborough Sport and Wellness Centre has three Multi Purpose Rooms which can be booked for meetings, special events, etc. Each room can accommodate 30 people comfortably.
The triple gymnasium can be divided into three separate single gyms for recreational or competitive purposes, with bleacher seating for 311 people and team change rooms. Community rentals can be available for sport or special event use. Hours of usage are subject to change without notice, call ahead to make sure gyms are available, 705-742-1517.