CommitteeEmergency & Risk ManagementAccessibilityTransitSearchWellness CentreFAQSitemapContact UsSign-InLivingLivingNewsLivingElectionWall of HonourBusiness
Canada Day Parade
The 2017 Canada Day Parade Theme is:
"Canada's 150th Birthday!"
Parade Details: Additional Events for "150th"
- Canada Day Parade presented and sponsored by Cogeco TV
- Pre-parade Ceremonies begin at 9 am at City Hall
- Parade begins at 12:00 noon down George Street from Murray Street to Morrow Park.
- Entertainment: The music will start at 9 am with the Dixie Cats Band, then the rock band Northern Roads and will finish off with our local Peterborough Pop Ensemble Band who will also lead us in singing "O Canada". A variety of entertainment for three hours between 9 am and 12 pm.
- Activities: Face painting will be available by Facesby2 in Confederation Park from 9:30 am to 12 noon and is free. Canada's birthday cake created by Morello's Independent will be available for everyone to taste around 10:00 am. More activities to be announced.
- Bicycle contest for ages 5 to 8 and 9 to 12 years old can bring their decorated bikes to Confederation Park to be judged and to have some fun! Children are invited to ride their bikes in the parade leaving City Hall at noon and ending in Morrow Park. Parents of younger children will be asked to join their child on the parade route. Peterborough Green Up and BIKE will be on hand with a repair stand for bicycles
- NOTE: SAFETY MEETING for all participants will be on June 24, 2017 at 10:00 am at Galaxy Cinemas for one hour. All entries must send a representative.
2017 Canada Day Parade Documents and Forms:
Looking for Volunteers!!
Top Ten Reasons to Volunteer!
- You can make a difference
- Volunteering encourages civic responsibility
- You get a chance to give back
- You learn a lot
- Volunteering strengthens your community
- It promotes personal grown and self esteem
- It brings people together
- Volunteers gain professional experience
- It saves resources
- It's good for you
The Committee is looking for volunteers. Volunteers provide extra hands that enable the committee to do tasks and activities that might not otherwise get done.
If you are interested please complete the Volunteer form above. We are looking for people to help with set up, take down, face painters, cutting the birthday cake and carrying banners in the parade. Students can use these volunteer hours for school.