CommitteeEmergency & Risk ManagementAccessibilityTransitSearchWellness CentreFAQSitemapContact UsSign-InLivingLivingNewsLivingElectionWall of HonourBusiness
Canada Day Parade
The 2016 Canada Day Parade Theme is:
"My Peterborough, My Canada"
- Canada Day Parade sponsored by Cogeco TV
- Opening Ceremonies begin at 10:30 am at City Hall
- Parade begins at 12:00 noon.
- Entertainment begins at 10:30 with Peterborough Pop Ensemble who will also lead us in singing "O Canada". Face painting will be free in Confederation Park. Canada's birthday cake created by Morello's Independent will be available for everyone to taste.
- Bicycle contest for ages 5 to 8 and 9 to 12 years old can bring their decorated bikes to Confederation Park to be judged and to have some fun! Children are invited to ride their bikes in the parade leaving City Hall at noon and ending in Morrow Park. Parents of younger children will be asked to join their child on the parade route. Peterborough Green Up and BIKE will be on hand with a repair stand for bicycles.
- NOTE: SAFETY MEETING HAS BEEN CHANGED TO SATURDAY, JUNE 25, 2016
2016 Canada Day Parade Documents and Forms:
Looking for Volunteers!!
Top Ten Reasons to Volunteer!
- You can make a difference
- Volunteering encourages civic responsibility
- You get a chance to give back.
- You learn alot.
- Volunteering strengthens your community.
- It promotes personal grown and self esteem.
- It brings people together.
- Volunteers gain professional experience.
- It saves resources.
- It's good for you.
The Committee is looking for volunteers. Volunteers provide extra hands that enable the committee to do tasks and activities that might not otherwise get done.
If you are interested please complete the Volunteer form above. We are looking for people to help with set up, take down, face painters, cutting the birthday cake and carrying banners in the parade. Students can use these volunteer hours for school.