CommitteeEmergency & Risk ManagementAccessibilityTransitSearchWellness CentreFAQSitemapContact UsSign-InLivingLivingNewsLivingElectionWall of HonourBusiness
- Adult Rec Hockey
- Canada Day Parade
- Free in Peterborough
- Gift Cards
- HIGH FIVE Program
- June is Recreation & Parks Month
- Leisure Services Guide
- Neighbourhood Associations
- Peterborough Youth
- Online Program Registration
- Skating & Hockey Programs
- Subsidy Program
- Summer Sports Camps
- Vision 2010
- Vision 2025
- Youth Ball Hockey
Fall/Winter 2016/17 Leisure & Culture Guide - Now Available!
Check out the latest issue of the Leisure Guide for Fall & Winter instructional sports programs! Call the Recreation Division at 705-742-7777 ext. 1873 to register for a program or register online by clicking on the "Register Online" button on the right hand side of this page.
The Leisure & Culture guide also includes information and programs that are offered at The Peterborough Art Gallery, The Peterborough Museum and Archives, The Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre as well as the Heritage Preservation Office. Take a moment to see what Peterborough has to offer this fall & winter.
2016 Peterborough Sport & Leisure Expo
- Saturday September 17th, 10:00 am -2 pm
- Large Variety of Exhibitors
- Tour the Vendor Village
- Interactive Displays
- Guest Speakers
- Free Admission & Parking. Beat the rush-register for programs on the spot!
Exhibitors: Application and fee deadline HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
Presented by Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre, Sport Kawartha, Council for Persons with Disabilities
Recreation services are provided to citizens of Peterborough through a variety of facilities, programs, services, and special events. The Recreation Division is responsible for:
- Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre
- Peterborough Marina
- Del Crary & Millennium Park
- Youth/Teen Drop in Centres
- Instructional Sport Programs & Summer Camps
- Lifeguard Supervision at Peterborough's beaches and wading pools
- Junior Park Programs at neighbourhood parks
- Sport Field Scheduling on 110 fields
- Swimming Lessons, Public Swims & Children's Programming
- Senior Services
- Fitness and Wellness initiatives
The Recreation Division works cooperatively with Special Event committees coordinating, promoting and implementing community events such as: Canada Day Parade, PanAm Games, Snofest, and many others.
HIGH FIVE® is Canada's quality standard for children's recreation and sport. Before HIGH FIVE, no standard existed and there was a clear need for an innovative approach to help organizations enhance program quality and provide positive experiences for children, which would remain with them for a lifetime. Today, HIGH FIVE holds true to the five Principles of healthy child development that the research indicates are essential for quality programs:
- A Caring Adult,
- The opportunity to make Friends,
- The opportunity to Play,
- The opportunity to Master Skills and
- The opportunity to Participate.
The City of Peterborough's programs focus on healthy development of children. Recreation Division strives to have front line staff certified as Quality Program Providers for all child and youth programs.
- 2016-06-24 - FINAL - Vision 2025, Presentation for the June Forum_1 - [2045KB]
- RFQ - Strategic Plan for Peterborough Agricultural Society - [308KB]
- 2016 Peterborough Sport & Leisure Expo Exhibitor Application - [4213KB]
- Current Leisure Guide - [22650KB]
- Mayors Youth Award Application - [93KB]
- National Youth Week Calendar - [710KB]
- Neighbourhood Association Pamphlet - [756KB]
- Subsidy Application Process Information - [170KB]
- Vision 2010 - Original Document - [8991KB]
- Vision 2010 Final Report 2008 - [1936KB]
- Vision 2025 - Progress Update & Community Consultation Results - Feb, 2016 - [1309KB]
- Vision 2025 - Progress Update & Community Consultation Results - February 2016 - [1309KB]
- Vision 2025 Progress Update May 2, 2016 - [461KB]
- Youth Council Application - [136KB]
- News Releases