About Ontario WorksHours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:15 AM - 4:30 PM
If you are in temporary financial need for food, shelter or other benefits, Ontario Works may be able to help with some or all of the following:
- provide you with money for food
- help you find a job
- avoid eviction
- avoid disconnection of hydro or heating service
To be eligible to receive help from Ontario Works, you must:
- live in Ontario and have status in Canada,
- need money right away to help pay for food and housing costs
You may also have to take part in activities that will help you find a job depending on your situation.
How Ontario Works Can Help You
If you qualify, Ontario Works can provide you with:
- financial assistance to help you cover the costs of food and housing cost
- employment assistance to help you prepare for and find a job.
The amount of money you may receive from Ontario Works will depend on your:
- family size
- how much money you receive each month
- assets (property, investments, other money available to you)
- the cost of your housing, heat and hydro
How much money you may receive depends on your current situation.
Contact Ontario Works at (705) 748-8830 for more information.
For more information about your Ontario Works payments including your next payment or case status, please contact the Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
|Month Of||September||October||November||December||January 2014|
|Direct Bank Deposits - Home Delivery to Ontario Works Clients||August 28th||September 27th||October 30th||November 27th||December 27th|
|Monthly Cheques - Home Delivery to Ontario Works Clients||August 29th||September 30th||October 31st||November 28th||December 30th|
|Payment Date||August 30th||October 01st||November 01st||November 29th||December 31st|