OW Payment Dates
|Ontario Works Payments||January 2017||February 2017||March 2017
|Direct deposit statements /
cheques received by:
|December 30||January 31||February 28||March 31||April 28||May 31
Visit our Programs & Services page for information on other types of financial assistance and supports.
About Ontario Works
If you are in temporary financial need of food, shelter or other benefits, Ontario Works may be able to help with some or all of the following:
- Money for food
- Help finding a job
- Avoiding eviction
- Preventing disconnection of hydro/heating services
To be eligible to receive Ontario Works you must:
- Live in Ontario and have Canadian status
- Need money right away to help pay for food and housing costs
You may also have to take part in activities that will help you find a job depending on your situation.
For information about your Rights, Responsibilities and our commitment to you, please watch our Video.
How Ontario Works Can Help You
If you qualify, Ontario Works can provide you with:
- Financial assistance to help you cover the costs of food and housing
- Employment assistance to help you prepare for and find a job.
- Assistance with child care expenses. Visit our Children's Services page for more information.
The amount of money you may receive from Ontario Works will depend on your:
- Family size
- Other income
- Assets (property, investments, other money available to you)
- The cost of your housing, heat, and hydro
Contact Ontario Works at (705) 748-8830 for more information.
Feature of the Month
Learning Earning and Parenting Program (LEAP)
This program is available to young families up to the age of 25 who have not completed high school. It provides support for learning, earning and parenting. Read the brochure to learn more.
Student Earn and Learn (SEL)
It's tough to go to school if you're worried about paying your bills. It's tough to get a job without a Grade 12 Diploma. Student Earn and Learn helps you with both! Check out the brochure for more info.
Ontario Works Updates
The Ministry of Social Services has now made an Ontario Works Video and Rights and Responsibilities document available in the Arabic language.
As of December 1st Ontario Works and ODSP clients must use their Ontario Health Card to access drug coverage under the Ontario Drug Benefit program.
This one page flyer gives you quick access to important Ontario Works information!