OW Payment Dates
|Ontario Works Payments||August 2016
||September 2016||October 2016
|Direct deposit statements /
cheques received by:
|July 29||August 31
||October 31||November 30||December 30
Visit our Programs & Services page for information on other types of financial assistance and supports.
About Ontario Works
If you are in temporary financial need of food, shelter or other benefits, Ontario Works may be able to help with some or all of the following:
- Money for food
- Help finding a job
- Avoiding eviction
- Preventing disconnection of hydro/heating services
To be eligible to receive Ontario Works you must:
- Live in Ontario and have Canadian status
- Need money right away to help pay for food and housing costs
You may also have to take part in activities that will help you find a job depending on your situation.
How Ontario Works Can Help You
If you qualify, Ontario Works can provide you with:
- Financial assistance to help you cover the costs of food and housing cost
- Employment assistance to help you prepare for and find a job.
The amount of money you may receive from Ontario Works will depend on your:
- Family size
- Other income
- Assets (property, investments, other money available to you)
- The cost of your housing, heat, and hydro
Contact Ontario Works at (705) 748-8830 for more information.
Feature of the Month
Sport & Recreation Subsidy for Children and Youth
Ontario Works and ODSP recipients are eligible for a $200 subsidy for each dependent child in a calendar year to participate in recreational or social activities. Read our Brochure on different subsidy programs available to those who qualify.
Ontario Works Updates
Read the new changes coming February 1, 2017 for child support for children on Ontario Works.
You may be eligible to get a subsidized monthly City transit pass! Read more about it here.
Read more about the new earnings exemption here!