Helping you prepare for & find a job!
Ontario Works can give you practical help to prepare for and find a job by:
- working with you to determine what you need to become employed
- helping you develop a plan based on your skills, experience and circumstances
- providing childcare for participants involved in employment related activities
- assisting you or a loved one struggling with an addiction gain access to supports (click here for more info).
To receive Ontario Works you will work with staff to develop an individual employment plan that will help you find a job. This is called a Participation Agreement and sets out the employment assistance activities that will lead to finding employment. You will meet with staff regularly when you complete activities or begin new ones.
You will have access to a range of employment activities including:
McLean Berry Farm is looking for Full Time help for Farmers Market business
Professional Employer is looking for Full Time Irrigation Technician for seasonal work.
Updated Look Who's Hiring List from PERC
Placement in a community agency can help you gain valuable experience. You can practice your skills, improve your confidence and get current job references and contacts!Are you an organization looking for volunteers? We can help!
More Information on Placements
A new information session for the Lighthouse program will be starting next month for anyone interested in gaining new skills to work in the Food Service field.
If you are passionate about caring for members of our community, then the Personal Support Worker training program could be for you!
Need help with your job search? Find support with resumes, interviews, cover letters and more!
Are you an Employer? Partner with our Placement Experts to receive support! We can help with:
- Hiring assistance, screening, and matching
- Human Resources follow-up services
- Funding supports
- WSIB/Accident coverage
If you’re a young parent between the ages of 16 and 25, the LEAP program can give you the supports you need to:
- finish high school
- improve your parenting skills, and
- prepare for and find work so you can support your family
A variety of education programs are available to help you:
Labour Market Information
Labour Market Information (LMI) is helpful when job searching to find out what the job market is going to be like in your field. It also is a good salary guide to know how much to expect in your new potential job. Find out about the LMI in Peterborough and the surrounding area.