High quality child care is much more than babysitting.
- It is gently guiding children as they learn about themselves and the world around them.
- It is helping them master the skills and lessons of everyday life.
- It is nurturing their fast-growing minds and carefully handling the challenges of behaviour, sickness and relationships so they will grow into healthy, responsible and productive adults.
As parents, you will select your child care arrangement. But we can help. Here you’ll find information on different kinds of child care and hints on what to look for to find a quality child care centre or family child care home.
You will also find child care checklists, financial assistance information and other important information. And you can call the services listed in our guide for help with your child care search.
Remember, quality child care lasts a lifetime! View our Quality Childcare Brochure.
Raising the Bar on Child Care Quality.
Raising the Bar is a program designed to help families ensure their children are receiving high quality early learning and child care services. The presence of a Raising the Bar certificate is a sign that the program is committed to maintaining provincial regulatory standards as well as local community standards. Raising the Bar was introduced in Peterborough to promote and support community standards in:
- Licensed, Centre-based Early Learning and Child Care programs
- Licensed School-Age Child Care programs
- Special Needs Resource Agencies
- Licensed Home Child Care Agencies
- Early Learning and Parenting Centres.
Raising the Bar is endorsed and financially supported by the City of Peterborough, Social Services Division, Children's Services.
- Coordinated and administered by Investing In Quality - Early Learning and Child Care Peterborough Advisory Committee, a Child Care Network Sub-Group.
To learn more about the Raising the Bar initiative, visit www.investinginquality.ca.
Social Services values collaboration. We value working together. We believe sharing ideas and experience will result in better decisions. Effective services, and positive outcomes. By building relationships we are able to appreciate and learn from different perspectives. We work closely with the child care agencies in our community to best support family needs.