Fee Assistance (fee subsidy) helps with the cost of licensed child care, so it is more affordable for low-income families.
Questions about Childcare? Watch our Childcare Subsidy Video!
Unable to View this Video? Watch the Childcare Subsidy Video on YouTube
Fee Assistance (fee subsidy) helps with the cost of licensed child care, so it is more affordable for families with a lower income.
If you are the parent, foster parent or legal guardian of a child from birth to 12 years of age that lives with you, depending on your income and your eligible hours of care, you may qualify for fee subsidy.
Subsidized care may be available at our municipal child care and school age programs as well as at 46 other child care centres and 2 home-based child care programs.
Qualifying for Child Care Fee Assistance (Fee Subsidy)
Child Care Fee Assistance is available to families living in the City and County of Peterborough.
Eligibility is based on both income and eligible hours of care, and is available to families who meet the following criteria:
- Have children aged from birth to 12 years.
- Are working or enrolled in an education or training program during the hours when your child will be in child care.
- When the health, safety and well-being of a family member is a risk.
- Are in financial need, as determined by the Income Test
- To find out if you are eligible for fee assistance click here to complete the online income test
- To apply for fee assistance click here to complete the Online Application (coming soon)
This is how parental contributions are determined
|Income up to $20,000||No parent contribution, city pays full fee|
|Income for $20,000 - $40,000||Parental Contribution is 10% of their income over $20,000|
|Income over $40,000||Parents contribution is 30% of their total income over $20,000|