City Hall Seniors Living Internal Business Visiting Online Services Business Crossing Guards Living Living City Hall PACAC Geomatics/Mapping Mayor's Action
Emergency & Risk Management Accessibility Transit Search Wellness Centre FAQ Sitemap Contact Us Living Living News Living Election Wall of Honour Business
City living image
Reduce Text Size Reset Text Size Increase Text Size

Vehicle Accident

My vehicle was involved in an accident with a City vehicle, what do I do?

The Province of Ontario is governed by the Direct Compensation Rules of the Insurance Act.  Regardless of fault, all physical damage must be reported to, and paid for, by your own automobile insurer. 


The Highway Traffic Act requires you to report the accident to the police if the combined damage exceeds $1,000 or if there are injuries. In addition, if you feel the other party violated a traffic code, resulting in the accident, you must report the accident regardless of damage.