City Hall Seniors Living Internal Business Visiting Online Services Business Crossing Guards Living Living City Hall PACAC Geomatics/Mapping Mayor's Action
Emergency & Risk Management Accessibility Transit Search Wellness Centre FAQ Sitemap Contact Us Living Living News Living Election Wall of Honour Business
City living image
Reduce Text Size Reset Text Size Increase Text Size

City Construction Projects

My property has been damaged as a result of City construction activity. What should I do?

Write down the details of when and how the damage occurred; include the date, time and location. If possible, identify the company and equipment or event that caused the damage. Please refer to the information on preparing a notice of claim, as detailed under the Making a Claim section of this site.

Should I call my insurance company?

Yes, your insurance company may provide coverage for your damage then pursue any party they believe to be responsible for the damages. This may be the quickest way to recover any costs and have repairs made.

What should I do with my damaged property?

If possible, document your damages with photographs, estimates, original invoices, and bills of sale. Keep any damaged property available for inspection.

Should I notify the City about my damages?

If you wish to make a claim for property damage, follow the procedures outlined in the Making a Claim section of this site. Each claim will be examined individually and judged on its own merit. Contractors hired to do work on the City’s behalf are required to provide General Liability Insurance for the duration of the project. Claims associated with this work are the responsibility of the contractor.