CommitteeEmergency & Risk ManagementAccessibilityTransitSearchWellness CentreFAQSitemapContact UsSign-InLivingLivingNewsLivingElectionWall of HonourBusiness
- Art Gallery
- Arts, Culture & Heritage
- Heritage Conservation District
- Heritage Permit Guide for Heritage Conservation District Properties
- Heritage Permit Guide for Individually Designated Properties
- Heritage Preservation
- Heritage Week
- Municipal Cultural Plan
- Museum & Archives
- Peterborough 150
- Peterborough Veterans Wall of Honour
- Public Art - Call for Proposals UN Peacekeepers Monument
- Public Library
- The Culture Council
The Heritage Preservation Office (HPO) is charged with designing and administering programs relating to the preservation of historic places in the City including structures, landscapes and archaeological sites. The HPO also provides expert advice to Council and liaises with other staff on a range of issues relating to matters of built heritage.
- Heritage Property Tax Relief Program which provides a property tax reduction to owners of eligible designated heritage properties
- Preparation of Heritage Designation briefs and the administration of over 130 heritage properties in the City
- Education and public awareness for heritage through guest lectures, conference presentations and publications
- Administering federal and provincial incentive and recognition programs on behalf of the City
- Coordinating archaeological services for all City Departments.
If you are an owner of an individually designated property, or of a property in the Avenues and Neighbourhood Heritage Conservation District, wishing to make changes to your building, please click on and review and complete the appropriate guide and application form located in the pane at the right of the screen.