CommitteeEmergency & Risk ManagementAccessibilityTransitSearchWellness CentreFAQSitemapContact UsSign-InLivingLivingNewsLivingElectionWall of HonourBusiness
The Heritage Preservation Office (HPO) is charged with designing and administering programs relating to the preservation of historic places in the City including structures, landscapes and archaeological sites. The HPO also provides expert advice to Council and liaises with other staff on a range of issues relating to matters of built heritage.
- Heritage Property Tax Relief Program which provides a property tax reduction to owners of eligible designated heritage properties
- Preparation of Heritage Designation briefs and the administration of over 130 heritage properties in the City
- Education and public awareness for heritage through guest lectures, conference presentations and publications
- Administering federal and provincial incentive and recognition programs on behalf of the City
- Coordinating archaeological services for all City Departments.
If you are a designated property owner wishing to make changes to your building, please complete and submit an Application for Alteration.