Emergency & Risk Management
Accessibility Advisory Committee
Wall of Honour
The Heritage Preservation Office (HPO) is charged with designing and administering programs relating to the preservation of historic places in the City including structures, landscapes and archaeological sites. The HPO also provides expert advice to Council and liaises with other staff on a range of issues relating to matters of built heritage.
- Heritage Property Tax Relief Program which provides a property tax reduction to owners of designated heritage properties
- Preparation of Heritage Designation briefs and the administration of over 70 heritage properties in the City
- Education and public awareness for heritage through guest lectures, conference presentations and publications
- Administering federal and provincial incentive and recognition programs on behalf of the City
- Property Management for Market Hall including the exterior restoration and interior capital upgrades to this premier heritage landmark
- Coordinating archaeological services for all City Departments.