More than 78,000 residents rely on the services and programs run by the City of Peterborough everyday. Our 1,300 full and part-time employees strive to be models of public service excellence where integrity, honesty, dignity and respect are valued. We listen, we understand and we are responsive to one another and we never take advantage of our position to further our own interests. We are committed to promoting a safe and healthy work place, believing that no job is so urgent that time and care cannot be taken to do the work safely. The excellence we strive for everyday shows in our attitude toward our work, one another and in our commitment to providing the very best service to City taxpayers.
The City of Peterborough is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the City's goods, services and facilities.
If you want to serve this great city, come join our team!
Current Positions Available
Please click on the below links to view our current employment opportunities. Check back regularly as jobs are posted as they become available.
- Fire Fighter Recruitment
- 2016 Firefighter RecruitmentOur 2016 Firefighter Recruitment process has been extended. We are accepting online applications until 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 20, 2016. For additional information, please refer to the Recruitment Booklet. Click here to access the Firefighter application form.
- Firefighter Recruitment BookletPlease review the 2016 recruitment booklet for details regarding our current Firefighter recruitment
- Ongoing Recruitment
- Adult Crossing GuardsWe are currently accepting applications for part-time Adult School Crossing Guards. Applications will be kept on file for future vacancies.
- Arena LabourersWe will be accepting online applications on an ongoing basis for the part-time position of Labourer with the Arena Division and will hold applications on file for future vacancies. All applications must be submitted via our online application form.
- Customer Service AssistantsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for Customer Service Assistants at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- Extra Board Operators (Transit)We are accepting applications for Extra Board Operators (Transit) on an ongoing basis and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies
- Fitness and Aqua Fitness InstructorsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for Fitness Instructors and Aqua Fitness Instructors at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- Lifeguards & Swimming InstructorsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for Lifeguards & Swimming Instructors at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- On-Call Early Childhood EducatorsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for On-Call Early Childhood Educator positions and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- Permanent Positions
- Engineering Design and Construction Technologist Inspector - Infrastructure PlanningWe are currently accepting applications until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 for the position of Engineering Design & Construction Technologist/Inspector - Infrastructure Planning Division 16-P-55 REPOST
- Library PageWe are currently accepting applications until 12:00 p.m. on Monday, December 5, 2016 for the position of Library Page with the Peterborough Public Library.