More than 78,000 residents rely on the services and programs run by the City of Peterborough everyday. Our 1,300 full and part-time employees strive to be models of public service excellence where integrity, honesty, dignity and respect are valued. We listen, we understand and we are responsive to one another and we never take advantage of our position to further our own interests. We are committed to promoting a safe and healthy work place, believing that no job is so urgent that time and care cannot be taken to do the work safely. The excellence we strive for everyday shows in our attitude toward our work, one another and in our commitment to providing the very best service to City taxpayers.
The City of Peterborough is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the City's goods, services and facilities.
If you want to serve this great city, come join our team!
Current Positions Available
Please click on the below links to view our current employment opportunities. Check back regularly as jobs are posted as they become available.
- Fire Fighter Recruitment
- 2014 Fire Fighter RecruitmentThe City of Peterborough's 2014 Fire Fighter Recruitment process is now closed. Candidates selected for interviews have been contacted.
- Ongoing Recruitment
- Adult Crossing GuardsWe are currently accepting applications for part-time Adult School Crossing Guards. Applications will be kept on file for future vacancies.
- Arena LabourersWe will be accepting online applications on an ongoing basis for the part-time position of Labourer with the Arena Division and will hold applications on file for future vacancies. All applications must be submitted via our online application form.
- Extra Board Operators (Transit)We are accepting applications for Extra Board Operators (Transit) on an ongoing basis and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies
- Fitness and Aqua Fitness InstructorsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for Fitness Instructors and Aqua Fitness Instructors at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- Lifeguards & Swimming InstructorsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for Lifeguards & Swimming Instructors at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- On-Call Early Childhood EducatorsWe will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for On-Call Early Childhood Educator positions and will hold these resumes on file for future vacancies.
- Permanent Positions
- Manager of Environmental ProtectionApplications are being accepted for the position of Manager of Environmental Protection in our Environmental Protection Division/Utility Services Department. To explore this opportunity further, please contact Julia Robarts in Odgers Berndtson's Toronto office at 416-366-1990 or submit your resume and related information online at htpp://www.odgersberndston.com/en/careers/13418
- Public Works MechanicsWe are currently accepting applications until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 31st, 2016 for the position of Public Works Mechanic in our Public Works Division - Fleet Services.
- Seasonal and Temporary Positions