Competitive Bid Solicitation Process (Tenders, Quotes, Proposals)
- Finance Home
- Development Charges
- Financial Reports
- Municipal Performance Measurement Program
- Operating and Capital Budget
- Property Tax
- Public Sector Salary Disclosure
- Tenders, Quotes, Proposals
- 2010 Purchasing By-law (amended September 2012)
- Direct Deposit Registration
- City of Peterborough Service Contractor Safety Program
You can view the open and closed Bid Solicitations through the link above. Below you will find the terminology and process of applying or submitting a Bid Solicitation to the City.
Naming Convention and Basic Terminology
|DETAIL||actual, complete Bid Solicitation document|
|AD||advertisement for the Bid Solicitation|
|DISTRIBUTION LIST||shows who has requested the respective Bid Solicitation|
|BID RECORD||shows who has bid on the respective Bid Solicitation|
|ADDENDUM||addenda to the respective Bid Solicitation document if applicable|
|BID AWARD||provides information on the successful Bid Solicitation|
General Bid Solicitation Information and Procedures
Open Bid Solicitations
- To view or receive open Bid Solicitations, addenda, or to receive a distribution list (plan takers) contact:
City of Peterborough, Corporate Services
705-742-7777 (Toll Free: 1-855-738-3755) x 1860 or 1741 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Bid Solicitation information is also available for viewing and downloading on this City website by following the instructions on the site.
- Any person who views and downloads a Bid Solicitation information from this site must contact Corporate Services to be registered if they wish to receive updated information and addenda when issued, and to be added to the distribution list.
- Please supply company and contact name, full company mailing address, box number, (and courier delivery address if they are different), telephone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address.
Bid Solicitations Requiring Payment
- There is no cost for Bid Solicitation documents except as noted.
- When a fee is required for documents, the City of Peterborough must be in receipt of funds (which is non-refundable) prior to the release of the documents. These documents cannot be downloaded; they must be obtained by going to City Hall or contacting Corporate Services at 705-742-7777 (Toll Free: 1-855-738-3755)Extension 1860 or 1741. Cheques for these documents should be made payable to the 'City of Peterborough' with appropriate reference to the Bid Solicitation number.
- Out-of-town contractors may supply a courier account number to facilitate more timely delivery of the documents.
Bid Solicitation Closing
- Sealed submissions, clearly marked as to content, will be received by the City of Peterborough, Corporate Services, Main Floor City Hall, 500 George Street North, Peterborough, Ontario, K9H 3R9 until the date and time announced in the Bid Solicitation document. (Thursday’s before 3:00 pm are the usual and preferred date for tender closings.)
- Time registered on the City Hall digital phone system will be considered the official time of day when determining exact time of submission.
- Late submissions will be returned unopened.
- All submissions shall be opened in public at 3:15 pm on the date of Closing at City Hall.
- Results of the Bid Solicitation Opening will be available in the "Bid Record Book" located in Corporate Services; on this City website; or by contacting Corporate Services at 705-742-7777 (Toll Free: 1-855-738-3755)Extension 1860 or 1741. Results will be placed on the City of Peterborough website as soon as possible following the opening.
- Bidders will not be notified in writing of the Results.
- For more information on the Bid Solicitation process, including types, approval authorities, exceptions, see the most current Purchasing By-law as amended by By-law 11-068, 11-078 and 12-142.
- When a bid deposit is required as part of a Bid Solicitation document it may be submitted in the sealed envelope, together with the Bid Solicitation submission, and must be clearly marked as to the content.
- The bid deposit must be in the amount stipulated in the Bid Solicitation documents. Details of the bid deposit requirements are included in each Bid Solicitation.
- All general enquiries concerning Bid Solicitations should be directed to:
City of Peterborough, Corporate Services Department
Phone: 705-742-7777 (Toll Free: 1-855-738-3755) ext. 1860 or 1741
- Enquiries concerning technical specifications or scope of work of open Bid Solicitations should be directed to the contact noted in the documents or may be sent to the Corporate Services Department noted above for referral to the appropriate person.